Dublin, July 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Carbon Fibers & Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics (CFRP) – A Global Market Overview 2021” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The report reviews, analyzes and projects the global carbon fibers and carbon-reinforced plastics (CFRP) market for the period 2017-2026 in terms of volumes in metric tons and market value in US$ and the compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) projected from 2020 through to 2026 with a special focus on the COVID-19 Pandemic impact and YoY growth for 2019-2020
Global demand for Carbon Fibers declined sharply in 2020, dropping by 9.5% YoY in volume terms and 15.4% in value terms, due to a reduction in demand for Carbon Fibers across major application areas amid the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Aerospace, automotive, and oil & gas applications have been hit hard by the pandemic during 2020.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the production rates of aircrafts significantly during 2020 as demand for new aircrafts drastically decreased. Additionally, the parked fleet of commercial aircraft reached record levels globally during 2020 as passenger traffic fell and airlines reduced capacity. Each new generation of commercial aircraft has used increasing quantities of advanced composites, replacing metals and other materials. This follows the trend previously seen in military fighter aircraft where advanced composites may now exceed 50% of the weight of the airframe.
Research Findings & Coverage
- The global market for carbon fibers and carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP) is analyzed in this report with respect to end-use applications, geographic regions and countries
- The study provides market size and extensively analyzes each major end-use application of carbon fiber with a market snapshot for the analysis period
- Zero Emissions and Weight Reduction Targets to Drive Adoption of Carbon Fibers in Mainstream Automobiles
- Demand for Carbon Fiber in Aerospace Industry Bolstered by Greater Acceptance in Commercial Aircrafts
- Burgeoning Opportunities for Carbon Fiber in High-pressure Gas Storage Vessels
- Recent Advances in Low-Cost Carbon Fiber Manufacturing
- Key business trends focusing on product innovations/developments, capacity expansions, M&As, JVs and other recent industry developments
- Major companies profiled – 154
- The industry guide includes the contact details for 337 companies
The report analyzes the market for End-use Applications of Carbon Fibers and CFRP analyzed including:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Sports & Leisure
- Wind Energy
- Pressure Vessels
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Molding Compounds (or Electrical & Electronic)
- Oil & Gas
- Other Industrial Applications
- North America (The United States and Canada)
- Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and the Rest of Europe)
- Asia excluding Japan (China, India, South Korea and the Rest of Asia)
- Rest of World (Brazil, Russia, Turkey and other RoW)
Key Topics Covered:
PART A: GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Carbon Fiber Market
1.1 Product Outline
1.2 End Use Applications – A Snapshot
2. KEY MARKET TRENDS
2.1 Zero Emissions and Weight Reduction Targets to Drive Adoption of Carbon Fibers in Mainstream Automobiles
2.2 Demand for Carbon Fiber in Aerospace Industry Bolstered by Greater Acceptance in Commercial Aircrafts
2.3 Burgeoning Opportunities for Carbon Fiber in High-pressure Gas Storage Vessels
2.4 Recent Advances in Low-Cost Carbon Fiber Manufacturing
2.4.1 Oak Ridge National Laboratory Leads in Developing Low-Cost Carbon Fiber Production Methods
2.4.2 Plants as Alternatives to Petroleum for Making Carbon Fibers
2.4.3 Coal Offers Opportunity for Low-Cost Carbon Fibers
2.4.4 Low-Cost Carbon Fiber from Biomass
2.4.5 Low-Cost Carbon Fiber Technology from LeMond and Deakin University
2.4.6 Carbon Fiber Precursor Research Grant Offered to Clemson University
3. INDUSTRY LANDSCAPE
3.1 An Overview of the Carbon Fiber Supply Chain
3.2 Global Carbon Fiber Production Capacities
3.3 Key Global Players
4. GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW
PART B: REGIONAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
PART C: GUIDE TO THE INDUSTRY
1. Manufacturers of Carbon Fibers and CF precursors
2. Carbon Fiber Recycling Companies
3. Carbon Fiber Composites Manufacturers
- A&P Technology
- AVANCO GmbH
- Aciturri Aeronautica
- Albany Engineered Composites
- Aldila, Inc.
- CFK Valley Stade Recycling GmbH & Co KG
- Carbon Conversions, Inc.
- ELG Carbon Fibre Ltd.
- Faber Industrie SpA
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- GKN Aerospace
- Gurit Holding AG
- Hexagon Composites ASA
- Hexcel Corporation
- Hyosung Advanced Materials
- Jiangsu Hengshen Co., Ltd.
- Kaman Corporation
- Kureha Corporation
- Leonardo SpA
- Luxfer Gas Cylinders (Luxfer Group)
- Magna International Inc.
- Menzolit GmbH
- Metal Mate Co Ltd
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Osaka Gas Chemicals Co Ltd.
- Plasan Carbon Composites, Inc.
- Premium Aerotec GmbH
- RTP Company
- SGL Carbon SE
- Saertex GmbH & Co. KG
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy S.A.
- Sigmatex (UK) Limited
- Solvay SA
- Spirit Aerosystems Inc
- Strata Manufacturing PJSC
- Teijin Limited
- The Gill Corporation
- Toray Advanced Composites
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Trek Bicycle Corporation
- UMATEX, Rosatom State Corporation
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S
- Weihai Guangwei Composites Co., Ltd.
- Worthington Industries, Inc.
- Zhongfu Shenying Carbon Fiber Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ewsnco
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.