Pune, India, March 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global battery energy storage market size is projected to reach USD 19.74 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 20.4% during the forecast period. Improving access to electricity across the globe will be a prominent trend shaping the growth trajectory of this market, postulates Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “Battery Energy Storage Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Battery Type (Lithium-Ion Battery, Lead Acid Battery, Flow Battery, and Others), By Connectivity (Off-Grid and On-Grid), By Application (Residential, Non-Residential, Utility, and Others), By Ownership (Customer-Owned, Third-Party Owned, and Utility-Owned) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027”. According to a 2019 report produced by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), the International Energy Agency (IEA), the World Bank, the WHO, and the UN, 87% of the global population had access to electricity in 2015 and by 2017 it had risen to 89%. However, the report highlights that approximately 840 million people still lack access to electricity. Battery energy storage systems (BESS) can play a significant role in bringing the electricity to the remotest and the poorest regions of the world. These systems are designed to store surplus energy that can be utilized at a later time and when deployed correctly, they can provide uninterrupted, reliable, and sustainable power supply in areas where ensuring access to such services is difficult through conventional means.
Request To Sample PDF Brochure: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/request-sample-pdf/battery-energy-storage-market-100489
The report states that the value of the global market stood at USD 7.06 billion in 2019 and offers the following:
- Granular examination of the major market trends, drivers, and constraints;
- Detailed evaluation of all segments of the market;
- Careful study of the leading players and their strategies; and
- In-depth analysis of the regional developments influencing the market.
Increasing Share of Renewables in Electricity amid COVID-19 to Bolster Market Growth
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic wreaking havoc across the energy & power industry, the share of renewables in electricity has increased even in these challenging times, rising from 26% in 2019 to 28% in 2020, according to the IEA. Furthermore, the IEA observes that several countries, even those that implemented strict lockdowns, experienced record-high shares of variable renewables in electricity consumption in Italy, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, and parts of the US. The main reason attributable to the impressive performance of renewables amid the current crisis, as per IEA’s analysis, is the completion of solar and wind projects in 2019, along with the favorable policies in many countries that support renewables. More importantly, renewables seem relatively insulated from the plummeting demand for energy, which is likely to encourage companies and governments to invest in energy storage systems and harness the full potential of renewables in the future.
Click here to get the short-term and long-term impact of COVID-19 on this market.
Please visit: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/battery-energy-storage-market-100489
Massive Investments in Renewables to Foster Growth in Asia Pacific
Asia Pacific, with a market size of USD 3.13 billion in 2019, is set to occupy a dominant position in this market owing to the extensive investments made in renewables by South Korea, India, and China. Moreover, these countries are rapidly implementing rural electrification programs, such as India’s Saubhagya Scheme and China’s Village Electrification Program, which has created a huge demand for battery energy storage systems.
In North America, supportive policies framed by state-level authorities to integrate BESS with the existing infrastructure are expected to power the market for BESS in the region. Europe is anticipated to fasten its grip on the battery energy storage market share during the forecast period owing to the EU’s ambitious emission reduction targets and unwavering focus on energy efficiency of the grid.
Public-Private Collaborations to be the Marquee Feature of Market Competition
Public authorities and private companies are frequently entering into partnerships to synergize their resources and expertise and provide comprehensive energy storage solutions. Collaborating with diverse government agencies has, thus, become the prime focus area for key players, which is fueling the battery energy storage market growth.
Ask for Customization: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/customization/battery-energy-storage-market-100489
- August 2020: INFOWARE Zrt. chose the Convert SC Flex storage converters developed by AEG Power Solutions for the micro-grid that INFOWARE is constructing in Békéscsaba, Hungary. This smart-grid project is part of Hungary’s “Modern Cities” program and its object is to meet the energy needs of the city’s sports center area.
- April 2020: Clean Power Alliance, an electricity supplier in Southern California, signed its first Energy Storage Agreement (ESA) with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Named the Luna Storage project, the venture is a standalone 100 MW lithium-ion battery storage undertaking and one of the largest ESAs in the state.
List of Key Companies Profiled in the Battery Energy Storage Market Report:
- Siemens Energy (Germany)
- LG Chem (South Korea)
- VRB Energy (Canada)
- Total (France)
- Black & Veatch (United States)
- ABB (Switzerland)
- Eve Energy Co. Ltd. (China)
- GE Renewable Energy (France)
- Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. (China)
- Hitachi ABB Power Grids (Switzerland)
Quick Buy- Battery Energy Storage Market: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/checkout-page/100489
Major Table of Content :
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Key Insights
- Key Emerging Trends – For Major Countries
- Latest Technological Advancement
- Insights on Regulatory Scenario
- Industry SWOT Analysis
- Porters Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Qualitative Analysis – Impact of COVID-19
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Battery Energy Storage Market
- Steps Taken by the Government to Overcome the Impact
- Key Developments by the Industry Players in Response to COVID-19
- Potential Opportunities and Challenges due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Global Battery Energy Storage Market Analysis (MW) & (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2016-2027
- Key Findings / Summary
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Battery Type
- Lithium-Ion Battery
- Lead Acid Battery
- Flow Battery
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Connectivity
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Ownership
- Third-Party Owned
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Speak To Our Analyst- https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/speak-to-analyst/battery-energy-storage-market-100489
Have a Look at Related Research Insights:
HVAC Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM) Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Motor Type (Brushless DC Motor, Permanent Magnet AC (PMAC) Motors, and Servo Motors), By Product Type (Constant Air Flow, Constant Torque, and Constant Speed), By Application (Residential, Commercial, and Industrial) and Regional Forecasts, 2021-2028
Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC) Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Application (Transport, Stationary, Others) and Regional Forecast, 2021-2028
Automotive Fuel Cell Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC), Phosphoric Acid Fuel Cell (PAFC), and Others), By Power Rating (Below 100 kW, 100 – 200 kW, and Above 200 kW), By Vehicles (Passenger Vehicles, Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs), Bus, and Trucks), and Regional Forecast, 2021-2028
Lithium-Ion Battery Recycling Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Chemistry (Lithium Cobalt Oxide (LCO), Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP), Lithium Manganese Oxide (LMO), Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum Oxide (NCA), and Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (NMC)), By Source (Electronics, Electric Vehicles, Power Tools, and Others), By Process (Physical/Mechanical, Hydrometallurgical, and Pyrometallurgical), and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027
Electrolyzer Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Traditional Alkaline Electrolyzer and PEM Electrolyzer), By Application (Power Plants, Steel Plant, Electronics & Photovoltaics, Industrial Gases, Energy Storage or Fueling for FCEV, Power to Gas, Others) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Read Press Release https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/press-release/global-battery-energy-storage-market-10282